Our amenities include the following student resources:
• Upper Lounge – cozy place, useful for studying, chatting, watching TV or napping on the comfortable couches. There is an interactive SmartTV with DVD player, as well as a library stuffed with sound theology in the back part of the room. During the winter there’s a fireplace for a homey touch.
• Kitchen – complete with oven, microwave, fridge, pots, pans, and cookie sheets – plus dishes and silverware. Store your food here (be sure to label it!) for lunches at Wittenberg or bake a bunch of cookies with friends.
• Offices – includes Pastor’s office, as well as a secretary desk and a side office set apart for student use. This office includes a computer and printer/copier freely provided, as well as office supplies for the weary traveler (scissors, stapler, paper clips, rubber bands, pens etc.)
• Fellowship Hall – contains tables and chairs for studying or eating, and can be expanded to accommodate large gatherings of people for special events.
• Sanctuary – where Divine Service and Chapel are held, and we hear and sing God’s Word regularly. Recently refurbished, our sanctuary holds the traditional format with baptismal font, lectern, pulpit, and altar, as well as an organ and piano to aid with singing hymns.
• Laundry Closet – just off the Fellowship Hall, students have access to washer and dryer. It is 50 cents per wash and 50 per dry (cheaper than most), and these funds go to support seminary students.
• Lower Lounge – located in the basement, with an assortment of board games and pool, air hockey, and ping pong tables. A widescreen TV is also available and might be useful for a video game night at the ‘berg.
• Restrooms – behind the upper lounge are women’s and men’s restrooms, and there are two unisex restrooms in the basement available for use.
We hope this can be your home away from home during your college years. Whether studying or having fun, cooking or doing laundry, receiving God’s gifts or serving our neighbors, we hope you will find Wittenberg to be a safe haven.